THE BENEFITS OF SPARTAN KIDS
Studies show that kids are less fit today than their parents were as kids. At Spartan, we’re dedicated to making healthy the new normal for the next generation through our kids obstacle course races.
Active youth benefit from better physical health, are at lower risk of developing depression and earn higher grades than their less-active peers. At Spartan, we strongly believe that kids should run, climb, jump and get muddy.
We don’t give them medals, they earn it. We’re bringing it back to the basics. Put down the electronics and make time to move as a family.
Three Race Distances for Three Age Groups
- 4-6 years old: arround 800 m. Recommended, but any age can join 4+.
- 7-9 years old: arround 1600 m. Recommended, but any age can join 7+.
- 10-14 years old: arround 3200 m. Recommended, but any age can join 11+.
The 15+ kids will be able to compet in the 10-14 heat. Recall, Sprint Adultes catégorie is only for kids of 16+ years old.
New in 2020: The Kids Competitive Heat.
The Kids Competitive Heat is for those kids that want to compete against other kids and thrive on the competitive aspect of sports. The Competitive heat will be timed and ranked. We only offer the competitive heat for the longest distance of the race (3.2km race) and by that for the age groups: 10-11 and 12-14. Age based on the age of the children at the end of 2020.
15 years old kids and kids who will get there 15 in the same year will not be able to take part on this compétitive heat, they will be able to run in untimed heat.
Kids need to have 10 years old to participate.
The age of the kids is take from the age on the 31th of december 2020.
Ex : a kids who will have 12 years old on the 31th of december 2020 will run in the heat 12-14.
At Spartan, fun is not only for adults but for everyone. Bring your kids! They will discover amazing obstacles, racing emotion and there own kids zone with games and challenges.
- Spartan Kids Finishers Medal
- Spartan Kids Finisher t-shirt (your other one should be pretty dirty)
- Numbered headband
- A fun and exciting experience
- Building mental toughness
- Making Friends
How to manage my registration?
1/ BEFORE THE EVENT :
You will have to:
- Make the registration on our platform
- Select your heat time, heat time availables are the first one of the categorie. Two shifts per categorie are availables in our events. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. The selected timing is the meeting point for the first start of the age group selected. Starts of 25-30 kids are realized every 10 minutes approx. during the scheduled hours of the age group categorie (be ready at the start area at least 30 minutes before your start.
- PRINT THE WAIVER and bring it to the event (find the waiver here);
2/ ON SITE :
You will have to:
- Pickup your headbands and shirts at the Kids registration at least one hour an half before your start time
- Present an ID (kid legal representative person);
- Sign a waiver and bring it onsite (find the waiver here);
- CAUTION: medical certificate is not mandatory but we just want to insist on your responsibility to estimate if your kid is able to do this type of effort or not. Courses are accessible and secured by our team but this is a particular physical effort that your kid is probably not used to, so we strongly recommend that kids should constantly practice such efforts.